Not really a whole lot to report tonight, which usually means I don't bother. Tomorrow I have a one hour meeting after work to discuss a change in benefits, which in a nutshell means I'll be paying about $70 less for the same coverage starting in 2007. Also noteworthy, everyone is getting an hour of comp time to 'compensate' us for staying afterwards. 'Nuff said.
Shelly and I just had a violent disagreement over the meaning of a certain line from this post of Jen's blog. Specifically, this:
Last night, Hannah, Sarah and I saw Little Miss Sunshine at the Century City Mall. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed that loud in a theater, though I did laugh hard at Love Actually.
See it, see them both.
Shelly thinks the last sentence there is just a typical example of Jen's witty dialect. I believe, correctly I might add, Jen is channeling Gollum.
Just repeat that last line in your head in a gutteral, hissing, yet unforgettable voice, perhaps adding a few little touches:See it, precious! See them both!
The argument culminated in Shelly taking a swing at me with the nearest heavy object, the antique-finish lamp in our study. I was fortunately able to divert it by beaning her in the eye with the nearest available missile, my wedding ring.
Alright, so maybe married life hasn't pushed us that far yet, but the scenario wasn't total fiction either! Unfortunately, if you're not smiling knowingly right now, I can't enlighten you. ;)
Ok, I really don't need to be up this late. See you all tomorrow!


1 Comments:
AHH The precious! Where is Aragorn?
Post a Comment
<< Home