Parental Weekend
Shelly and I played host to my parents this weekend. They arrived late Friday (late for them means 5pm. I was expecting them around 3-4pm, but Mom stopped at Kohl's on the way down. That being the case, it was a miracle they arrived before nine).

The next day, we had a leisurely breakfast, prepared by Shelly and, to a lesser extent, myself, then they got in touch with their real estate agent, Brenda, who promised to meet them at Northgate Mall in Durham at 12:30pm and show them a few more houses. For any who don't know, they are currently considering a move down to North Carolina.Getting in the car just after noon, the four of us made the rendezvous and were quickly whisked away to Roxboro, up north of Durham in Person County.
We checked out a new house, which Shelly quickly pronounced her hatred for, then happened upon an available house in the general vicinity. It was set in a beautiful place, next to a large, scenic lake and a horse pasture. Alas, crossing the threshold involved a time warp into that most abominable decade of the twentieth century, the 70's, complete with yellow accents and vintage appliances. No, my parent's decided, this was not the place to take their retirement.
That led us to the house on Jack Hambrick Rd, which they'd viewed before and against which all others fall short. Brenda took copious pictures, which I have since burned onto a CD for my parents, and which show all bedrooms and angles of the outside. It really is a marvelous house, although it's almost a full hour from where we are in Chapel Hill. I'll do another post and include some pictures from the house on the lake and the Hambrick House, since I seem to have used up my quota for this particular entry.Well, here we are, Sunday morning, with a whole extra hour due to the daylight savings time switch. So, I'd best be getting a shore and getting on with things, and leaving Shelly to critique my blog. Have at it, baby! ;)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home