Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday, Monday

Back in another work week. The veneer has worn off, now that the first week is over. And...still love it! It was mildly stressful today as everyone and their mother wanted to open a new account, or close out their safe deposit boxes, or forlornly linger in the waiting area for 45 minutes for someone to give them an insurance document. But on a Signature scale of 1 to 10 (with 1 being "Merely work 45 hours this week" and 10 being "You're salary? Wow, you just worked 30 hours for free!"), today barely nudged the needle off zero. But it does give me the warm fuzzies thinking what my absence is causing in good ol' Garner...
Let us never speak of the 'salsa festival' again. All I'll say is A) the part of Durham it was held in made me supremely grateful I'm a CCW holder and B) the world's most wonderful condiment did not make an appearance. Also, in case anyone ever starts a joke with the line "How many soon to be lawyers can you fit in a single stall bathroom?", look them straight in the eye and say "Seven." It's one of those things where you had to be there, trust me.
Alright, to be totally honest, it was a really good time.
Hmmm, what else is news? Ok, I didn't mention this last week, but I am in fact off on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Shelly and I will get to Maryland on schedule after all. In order to make the trip go quicker, I'm thinking of drugging Shelly so I'm not slowed by endless bathroom stops and coffee breaks. Unfortunately, the last time I tried that, I got caught, and had to endure a stoney silence for the first 50 miles.
Well, I can't think of much else to say. I am going to make it a point to get up and go vote before work tomorrow. I understand that I'm still on the books up in MD, too, but it's probably not worth missing work and making a 600 mile round trip just to exercise my civil rights twice.

2 Comments:

At 6/11/06 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, the salsa festival was really fun, I don't want to hear any complainin'. If you think he's kidding about the whole drugging me thing, ask me to tell you the story sometime. :)

 
At 7/11/06 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading these immensely!! I want to hear about the drugging thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home