Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ahhhh...

Alright, now that I've gotten some of the discontent out of my system, I can have a nice, normal, non-political blog entry. Which, everyone will recall, is the purpose of this blog.
For everyone who doesn't know, I have Friday off in observance of Veteran's Day. Since I have never once had this day off since leaving the secondary education system (and maybe not even then; I don't remember), I'll go ahead and chalk it up as yet another reason I'm exhilerated to be at this new job! At the last one, which hopefully soon I'll stop mentioning every other day, we only had seven holidays off each year, and many people worked during them anyway. Not me, though. I had the audacity to want to take holidays and weekends off.
Also, today, I was officially entered in the SECU drawing for the Secret Santa. This is a tradition that I've often heard about but in which I've never actually participated. In addition, I have learned that, on each day in December, one person will bring in food for the whole branch. I am doubly benefitted by this. First, I get to have twenty-four free lunches during the month (every day until Christmas minus the day I bring food), and second, Shelly has agreed to make my meal for me when it's my turn! It's win-win for everyone!
As much as I'd love to fill the rest of this space with amusing anecdotes, deep philosophical musings, and random snippets of interesting trivia, various considerations make that impossible, first and foremost among them being my fatigue. No, that timestamp you see is not when I wrote this. It's three hours before, in that thrice-cursed Pacific time. Blogger.com, in it's infinite wisdom coupled with lazy programmers, allows no variation for those 5/6th's of Americans who live in different time zones.
[Edit: Thanks to the timely advice of Miss Glass, I've now revised my time stamp to correctly reflect my time zone. So the lazy ones weren't the Blogger programmers but me for not doing a modicum of research.]
That being the case, I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

1 Comments:

At 11/11/06 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I wish I had the day off.
2. You can change your time zone. Under 'settings' then under 'formatting', you can choose all kinds of things, including your time zone.
3. You are cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home