Monday, October 30, 2006

New Beginning

Well, I started my first day at the new job today. In a nutshell: VAST IMPROVEMENT. Everyone seems really friendly, and they didn't bombard me with stuff to do the very first day; rather, they let me sit in my new office and read up on the stuff I'd be doing. For me, finding that this standard level of professionalism still existed in the working world was akin to rediscovering dinosaurs on a deserted island.
Among the pros: Subject matter that I'm interested in and could conceivably personally benefit me to learn; other people who share workloads and help each other complete all their work; coworkers who have families and don't seem amazed that you'd want to go home after only nine hours; and an 'evacuation' rate of 100% within 10 minutes of 5:30pm.
Of course, there are going to be frustrations, and no job is perfect. For one, we're supposed to give robbers our full cooperation. What's up with that? If you want true deterence, you need to arm all the employees and give them marksmanship training... then perhaps criminals would be less inclined to think of banks as easy targets. But I digress. I can live with that.
Anyway, I have a great feeling about this. We'll have to see but I think I'll be a lot more at home here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home