Saturday, November 04, 2006

Weekly Recap

For the one or two of you that come to my blog to read up on me, I do apologize for the five day delay since my last posting. The internet at work is particularly slow, and I don't want to abuse the priviledge, so I am currently restricted to blogging (one 'g' or two?) at home. Since I've been preoccupied by that wonderful wife of mine in the evenings, that doesn't leave a lot of computer time. But I'll do better, I promise!!
Anyway, first week- GREAT! I know things will change, but so far I am still LOVING it there. So far, it looks like my medical benefits withholding will be around the same as at Signature, but in January, I'll be saving almost $75 a pay period when they change Shelly and I from "Family" ($270) to "Employee plus 1" ($195). That right there, coupled with the sharp drop in gas consumption (OPEC took a big hit with my shortened commute- take THAT, Osama!), will compensate me totally for the career change. And that's not including the slight increases I'll be making as I take and pass (one would hope) the training modules. I feel better about this every day!
Yes, I fully realize I already mentioned the shorter commute, but I left SECU at 5:38pm yesterday and was home at 5:45pm. I will also need to get gas in the next fifty miles, which gives me... oh, about eight working days.
Ok, well, bringing us to today.
Hmm, Shelly and I went out to JC Penney this morning to look for additional wardrobe options for me. They had a good sale going, and we picked up some snazzy stuff, although some of it needs to go back. I thought I'd hate having to dress up every day, but it actually makes me feel somehow better, more professional.
We watched The Breakup last night. Good movie- funny in places, kind of sad in others, which is dangerous territory for a romanic comedy. Shelly didn't like the ending. (I actually thought the ending was perfect). I kept waiting for Owen Wilson to make a cameo, but he let me down. I thought some of the best moments were with Vince Vaughn and his White Sox fan friend (forget his name, if it was ever given). By the way, the clip that shows when you go to that link had Shelly in stitches.
Well, that was quite a rambling review, but I just can't find it in me to go back and make it a literary masterpiece. I didn't like the movie that much.
Also this week, I finished Forever Odd. Dean Koontz is really on to something with this character, even though I liked the first novel, Odd Thomas, better. Apparently he thinks so too, as the novel ends with the obligatory first chapter of the upcoming sequel. I don't know why that trend annoys me so much, but it does.
Alright, I have a few hours of peace, then Shelly and I are going to a salsa festival, which will hopefully include some of the world's most wonderful condiment and not just the dancing. Mournfully, whether it does or not, law school Melissa will be there instructing, so there's no conceivable way I can get out of it.
TTYL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home