Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Morning

One more day, and then the home stretch. Since my two superiors (in position only, I might point out) have abandoned me here for the next two business days, I'm stuck managing the operations of this branch. Lamentably, they seem not to have understood that a) one of my complaints was always getting a bunch of calls on the weekend and b) that the afore-mentioned complaint led to my resignation and c) that the afore-mentioned resignation begins one week from today. A + B + C means that I'll pretty much be making myself unavailable this weekend, so I sure hope that nothing goes wrong. Bad attitude to take, considering that I technically do still work here? Considering both of these absences were announced after my notice was given, I feel it justified.
Just out of morbid, rhetorical curiosity, has anyone out there ever heard of someone being asked to come back (on the weekends, no less) after they leave to train their replacement? Or that the national standard of notice is now three weeks (or "to be discussed") rather than two? Amazingly, both of those propositions were put to me this week. I suspect a crafty, subtle effort is currently underway to remind me of all the good aspects of working here. Somehow, it's having the opposite effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home