Random Reflections
Watched Deliverance for the first time last night. I didn't know Jon Voight and Burt Reynolds were ever that young. I'm not exactly sure why this film is a classic, if 'classic' is defined as 'a movie I'd be interested in seeing again.'
Shelly's been working on yet another lengthy project almost all weekend. What kind of sadist assigns multiple 60-page papers in the same semester? She's about halfway through, though she fortunately has all day tomorrow.
During a break earlier, we watched Wimbleton, which was great, I must admit. I'm not usually a big fan of romantic comedies but that one was definitely worth watching. I sense torches being lighted and pitchforks brandished as I diss the classic Deliverance for the widely-panned Wimbleton, but what can I say? I have weird tastes!
I've worked on my story some this weekend. I'm about 75 pages into it now. Shelly's very encouraging, yet sometimes I can't help but wonder what else I could be doing with my time beyond writing a glorified piece of fan fiction for a 20 year old game that barely anyone's going to read, and fewer yet understand. Oh well, I do enjoy it. I guess I'm free to waste my free time in whatever form I desire. As Dad always says to Mom when she gets on him about being out in the garage working on classic cars, "At least I'm not out at a bar every night!"
Well, I need to empty the dishwasher, fold the laundry, and clean up a little. The Hawkins' will be here soon for...ahem...Desperate Housewives.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home