Two there were who set out from Chapel Hill...
And hopefully two will arrive safely in Maryland sometime between 11am and 1pm tomorrow. I had visions in my head of a crisp, brisk autumn morning as Shelly and I climbed into our Jetta and hit the road for my ancestral home. Instead, I get this:

Image used with permission of weather.com, of course!
Hopefully, with us getting a nice, early start, we'll be able to get a jump on the rest of the holiday traffic. I hear most of it gets going around noon, which, if all goes well, is when we'll be getting to Severn.
I took my first set of exam modules today (which are part of a set of 15 training sessions for the credit union, in case anyone was utterly dumbfounded by my sudden switch of subject). I took three and had to get 90% on each of them. Since each was 40 questions long, that means I get to miss four. On each of the tests, I was uncertain about perhaps 6, thus meaning I have to wait a week to find out for sure how I did. Let's just hope I can hold on for two out of six...if I can just hold on for at least two out of six, I can pass!! (Geez, where have I heard that before?)
Since I'm taking my first day off from SECU tomorrow, I was told by one of my coworkers that she would miss me! Yep, LaToya, my fellow Member Service Representative, walked right up to me and said "I don't know what we'll do without you tomorrow, Steve." Ahh, I see I've made quite the impression. (Her defense: She'd been talking about Steve Sorrell, the loan processor, right before she ran into me.) The mislabeling was worth the laugh me and everyone else got out of it, though.
It's about time to get to bed, if we're going to make that 6am departure. (Who am I kidding? When have we ever left on time for anything that didn't involve tickets, metal detectors, cavity searches, and passports? Fortunately, we only had to deal with three of those hassels. But the point is, we'll be lucky to be on the road by 6:45)
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, if you don't check in again between now and then! I'll probably blog at least once from MD, so if you get bored, come by and see me!


1 Comments:
I hope you had a safe trip up to MD, and that you all have a very happy thanksgiving!
Post a Comment
<< Home