Thursday, October 02, 2008

VEEP Debate Redux

Can you all wait one more day for that update from last weekend? I promise I'll get it to you, but I feel the need to weigh in on the Biden/Palin debate that just ended.

Basically, it's getting increasingly clear to me that my reactions aren't at all representative of other Americans. Last weekend, I was sure McCain had won, but the after-action focus groups and the polling spoke otherwise. Tonight, Shelly and I actually had to mute the television during some of Palin's answers, so bad was the cringe factor. I felt she did better than Shelly (although her morph of the question about Israel into a discussion of Alaskan resource management almost had me in bitter tears), though I really felt Biden won hands down.

Apparently, though, the focus groups this time seem to think she won the debate, and feel better about her. In the group, 3 of the 4 who changed the way they were leaning moved towards John McCain, only one away. I guess maybe this is God's way of telling me to stop acting like I know everything about politics, just because I'm interested in the subject. (I sense some whoops of joy out there)

Alright, it's late and it's time for bed (it being the late hour of 11 o'clock and all). I'll post again tomorrow, with Myrtle Beach pictures as a little eye candy.

2 Comments:

At 6/10/08 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not pleased with Palin's performance, but I'm just glad that few seemed to agree with me. One of my least favorite qualities about politicians is their inability to answer a question head on and I felt like she was ungracefully dodging every hard ball (which honestly the questions weren't that hard). Anyway, I like Palin as a person and I think she adds a lot to the ticket, but I'm just glad my vote is actually going to John McCain.

 
At 8/10/08 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Christopher! You remember that time @ your house that I put that slideshow together in a matter of minutes that had you laughing for like an eternity? Well, yeah, I lost that ability!!!! I have been trying to put a slideshow together for this friggin presentation I have to do for work (mention under false pretenses - they told me they wanted me to present on LINC; then wala 2 weeks prior to presentation it turns out to be some friggin huge, 1.5 hour actual presentation) anyway, i cant remember shit on how to create a presentation in powerpoint!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well,

J

PS GO OBAMA!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home