It’s Now or Never
…with this blog. And by ‘never’ I mean "not until Monday if I don’t do it now."
Anyway, quick catch up for you. Mom and Dad were down the weekend before last. We took things pretty easy on Saturday, but Sunday saw a lot of housework get done, at the cost of damaging the ceiling in two places in totally self-inflicted wounds. Good news is, though, we now have a working exhaust fan in the guest bath upstairs, and a respectable faucet on the kitchen sink (Shelly knows how to pick ‘em… ninety…eight…dollars…sob!) Also, we went out to Spartacus on Saturday night, parental treat, to celebrate Shelly’s successful passing of the BAR. (Incidentally, am I supposed to capitalize every letter in that word, lawyers? Every time I see it, I think Browning Automatic Rifle.)
Monday saw a return of my parents to Maryland, and the commencement of yet another work week, the details of which I won’t bore you with. Suffice it to say, everyone and their uncle is worried to death that their deposits aren’t insured, leading to this hapless Financial Services Officer being bombarded with questions.
Week’s end saw the visitation of Ashley Kuda, sister of Stefanie Zambrano, nee Kuda. She got in late Friday night, and took right to Crash Bandicoot 2, which has been occupying an undue portion of Shelly and I’s time (I’m beginning to think it was a BAD THING that I found the Play Station power cord in the move). We all hung out Saturday, and then took Ashley to Chinese 35 on Franklin Street in the evening- taking almost an hour to get there, due to the damnable traffic from the UNC/Virginia Tech football game, which was just then letting out. Leaving there, we returned home, where we watched the newly acquired DVD of Jurassic Park and played Scrabble. Ashley has seen the movie a few too many times, as she now picks up on and questions every single plot oversight or inconsistency. "Why would there be a bathroom next to the Tyrannosaur pen if the guests weren’t supposed to get out of the cars??" "How does Dr. Grant know how to imitate a Brachiosaurus??" Then, to make matters worse, she beat me in Scrabble by a single point, thanks to the fact that I got stuck with the ten-point "Q" and never once had a chance to play it due to lack of accompanying ‘U’s.
Then we had Sunday, another red letter day in the DeAdder house. The air conditioning refrigerant line froze up and ice leaked onto the ceiling in the living room, causing a small stain. I realized then that A) I hate, HATE popcorn ceilings and B) when it comes to stains, Shelly’s like a hawk spotting a mouse from 2 miles up.
That night, sans Shelly and sans air conditioning, which I’d had to shut off, I was sitting at the computer when I suddenly realized that the nagging, slightly nauseous feeling in my stomach wasn’t going away- nay, it had gotten worse, much worse. After a ten minute trip to the bathroom, during which I refunded the whole of that day’s food intake, I decided to call it a night.
The next morning, still sans A/C, Shelly took an emergency trip to Charlotte (no details forthcoming on that, sorry), leaving me to cope with a sick day I’d have preferred not to take. Fortunately, I didn’t have to cope with extreme heat, as it was a fairly mild day, but I ended up losing about 4-5 lbs the hard way. I didn’t make an ill-advised attempt to go into work for a change, and it was a good thing, since I found out later it was crazy, and I wouldn’t have been able to handle the stress.
Fortunately, our home warranty covered the A/C repair, which took place Tuesday. Today’s crisis, however, is that I need a new cell phone; apparently, my phone just shuts off randomly now, usually whenever I close it, but sometimes in the middle of calls. Incidentally, if you were expecting to hear from me the last several days, and didn’t, that would be why- this has been going on since… you guessed it! Sunday!
Ah, Breaking News: Apparently Sarah Palin is being accused of having an affair by the National Enquirer! According to the story, this would have happened in 1996. You might remember that the Enquirer was the publication that broke the John Edwards affair story over the summer. So, how the rest of the media handles this will be very telling; they absolutely ignored the Edwards story for months, and it finally took him going on TV and confessing to it before they bothered to cover it. If they descend on this like the flock of vultures they are, and set up a 24-hour crew in front of the accuser’s house, their double standard will be laid bare for all to see. Somehow, I don’t think simple hypocrisy will stop them. My ideal solution is that they push this story for all it’s worth, it ends up being demonstrably false, and then they end up looking the biggest bunch of fools since Dan Rather went on the air with 1970 Texas National Guard letters that had obviously been typed on Microsoft Word.
Oh course, if the story is true, I don’t need to tell you the race might as well be over.
Well, happier thoughts: Shelly and I are leaving tonight for Myrtle Beach! We’re going to be staying with Misty and some other friends! I’ll take pictures and report back!
Oh, and I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Shelly’s swearing-in ceremony! It happened yesterday at the Court of Appeals in downtown Raleigh! The judges even let me hold the Bible for her to swear on! We got pictures, but since I’m posting this from work, youll have to wait to see them.
Alright, that’s it for now! See you all soon!


1 Comments:
As you all can see, it has been a hectic week and I am looking forward to some beach R&R. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home