Sunday, August 31, 2008

Second Update

I know, I know: Why is he posting another update a day later. Well, I wouldn't except that we have BIG NEWS.

Yesterday, amid swirling rumors that the BAR results had gone out on Thursday or Friday, Shelly kept a hawk-like watch on the mailbox, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the unsuspecting mailman. About 1:30, he pulled into the lot, whereupon I was directed to go get the mail, not even allowed enough time to don my shoes.

I went to the box, trepidation dogging every stride. I opened it, rifled the mail. In the haul was a yellowish envelope from the NC Bar Examiners, should the return address be believed. Rushing it to the house, knowing my very evening hung in the balance (triumphant trip to see Dark Knight, or a dark night indeed as I comforted my stricken wife), I handed it off. Shelly ripped it open, unfolded the letter and read the first word:

"Congratulations!"

I'm not really sure what happened the next five minutes, but it seems like there was a lot of cheering and jumping up and down. The next thing I remember, I was on the phone with mom, who was admonishing me not to call her at work unless there was a nuclear war going on.

But, short story shorter, Shelly passed! Two months of studying for eight hours a day paid off! She's officially a member of the BAR!

I just thought everyone might like to know! Now get back to your Labor Day celebrations!

3 Comments:

At 2/9/08 11:58 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations Shelly! I am sure your relieved!

 
At 3/9/08 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Way to go Shelly!!! We knew you would pass.
Sorry Chris for the reception that you received when you called me at work.

 
At 8/9/08 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am very relieved and enjoying my new licensed status. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home