Saturday, August 02, 2008

And Away We Go!

Shelly and I are getting ready to head to the Outer Banks, and I promised one more blog before I left. I'm a man of my word.

Shelly finished up the BAR exam on Wednesday after a grueling two days. It really took it out of her. Anything that takes two months of 8 hour days to study for, and still only get 65-70% of the questions right, is sure to have an affect. She doesn't know how she did, but is glad to be done with it. I'm glad to have her back to her usual happy, relaxed self. So, let's everyone congratulate her by way of the COMMENT PAGE! And also, congrats to DC-Bound Melissa for successfully completing the BAR as well!

Also of note, Shelly and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary! That was Tuesday, the 29th. I'm sure anyone who was there remembers the heat. We didn't do much on that particular day, given it was after the first day of the BAR. Classic Erika did bring over dinner, an uncharacteristically thoughtful act for which we were both very appreciative. (Kidding, Classic Erika! You're always thoughtful!)

I also received three spinal adjustments this week, which have solved my middle back problems, though my lower back continues to amaze and confound. But yesterday, in our anniversary gift to one another, Shelly and I kicked our vacation off right and took a trip to Massage Envy. My masseuse, Kira, hurt me in the most delightful way; that girl was definitely not afraid to attack those muscle knots for all she was worth.

We ended the night by coming home and watching 21, which was alright. I also finished up the July budget, so unfortunately it was time for Shelly and I's monthly money argument. She got so mad that she grabbed my wallet and, in a display of rank symbolism, slam dunked it in the toilet! OK, Shelly didn't really do that. I can't imagine anyone who would do such a thing...

OK, it's about time to get going. I'll see everyone in a week, with pictures galore! Oh, speaking of pictures, Carola, if you're reading this, you have multiple "Easter Eggs" hidden around the office, waiting for you to find them during the course of the week! Just to make sure the office still thinks about me while I'm gone...
:)

2 Comments:

At 4/8/08 10:33 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations Shelly on completely the bar! I hope you and Chris have a relaxing week at the beach! I know I am jealous!

 
At 13/8/08 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are relaxing this week -no studying for Shelly.
Let me know when the results of the exam come back - Can't wait to hear the words "I passed". Hope Melissa does too.
Enjoyed the week at the Outer Banks with both of you. Miss you.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home