Psych
OK, just to be sure I receive no more panicked emails, yes- I was kidding. Well, half kidding- the turtle thing really did happen, but I didn't get impatient and try to pick him up, losing half a finger.
Shelly and her mom came with our large kitchen trash can, and I shoveled him in there and walked him over to the lake, where he happily took to the water.
That staged picture looked pretty good though, didn't it? :) It's amazing what some gauze and a red permanent marker can do!
However, I re-thought the whole thing after Jen emailed me this:
"Okay, I just read your blog this morning? I can't actually tell, but I want to say that the tip of your finger is gone? Is that true?? That looks so painful. I called Tim immediately this morning and told him. He has been calling me back all morning to find out an update. Anyway, email me if you can?"
It made me feel somewhat bad that I was making my friends worry, so I called her right away and told her the truth. Hopefully no one else was tramatized too much.
So, today was Shelly's birthday!! Fresh and excited by the fact that she wasn't waking up next to a maimed husband, she went and picked up Jen Glass from the airport, and then her and Jen and Mary all had breakfast (while I was at work, enjoying the pleasures of the front desk). Later in the morning, Shelly's dad came into town, and they spent the day together (while I was, again, at work- not that I can really expect much sympathy after what I put everyone through with my last entry). I actually came home early, not feeling especially well, and we all went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory- I have a picture from that but my camera's in the car and I'm not going to get it right now. Then we walked across the square and saw Hancock.
I liked it, though I think they could have toned down the profanity a bit. And there honestly wasn't really much of a story- actually, it was more like there were two movies altogether. The first part of the movie, what all the previews focus on, is him being a drunken superhero that everyone hates, and then cleaning up his act. The second part was totally separate, focusing on his backstory (which got nary a mention until halfway through). The real weakness of the movie, though, was the villian, who was basically just some two-bit criminal. I have to imagine there will be a sequel, with a villian a little more worthy of the hero.
Alright, well, I'm heading off to bed. Thanks for caring, guys, and sorry to scare you. Cut me some slack, though, OK? I didn't get to play any jokes for April Fools!


4 Comments:
Thanks for the call last night. I was really worried! Tim is still laughing now! So I guess I should wait until Hancock comes to "Redbox" before I see it.
Well Chris, I read the first blog first and had my co workers freaking out. I was wondering why mom neglected to mention this to me. Happy birthday to Shelly!! Of course I'm late with her card. I'm sorry :(
Chris loves a good joke, that's for sure. Sorry for playing along, but it was kinda funny. :)
Hey,
What can I say about this - you have been under the tootleague? of a Master (Brooks). Glad to see that you called Jen to let her know that it was a joke.
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home