Closing Time
This is just going to be a quick update. Shelly and I did our final walk-through of the house yesterday morning, and then drove over to the lawyer's office to do the closing. It went extraordinarily fast- we were in and out of there in 45 minutes, largely due to the simplicity of the credit union loan paperwork. When Ken Embree, the lawyer who did the closing, stood up and said we were finished, Jim (our realitor) was astounded and joked "I kept waiting for you to say 'And now here's the real stack of paperwork!'"
Jim really went above and beyond the call of duty for us, and he even gave us a gift certificate to Home Goods. We'll definitely use him again when we move, if at all possible.
Well, the rest of yesterday saw the beginnings of the kitchen remodel. After a trip to Loews, where we picked up everything we'd need, we headed back to our new home and began the project.
Almost immediately, we got a surprise. The previous owners had, at one point, painted over an old set of wall paper and put new wall paper over top of it! The top layer of wall paper is coming up easily enough, but that painted over set is proving a tougher nut to crack. At least it was only done that way on one of the kitchen walls.
Shelly tackled that project, while I set myself busy removing the cabinet doors in preparation of painting them. And, really, that's about as far as we've gotten, and I need to get back over there and get to work.
I still need to update everyone (those who weren't there, at least) on last weekend, but for now, the kitchen awaits!


1 Comments:
It is always exciting when you get your first house. I know it is a lot of work but well worth it. Shelly and you can look back in a few weeks?? and appreciate the labor.
Scott will make it look sooo much better. He does great work.
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home