Happy Independence Day!
One of the security questions we at SECU ask our members, to better identify them should they call in on the phone, is "Name your favorite holiday". Many of them don't have a strong opinion about it, but Independence Day has always been my favorite. The wonderful, wholesome warmth, the smell of a cookout, that feeling of relaxation that just inundates you as you drive to the ridiculously crowded fireworks display- there's just no other holiday quite like it.

Now, just because I shared that with you doesn't mean I'm giving you tacit permission to hack my account.
Just a bit of news: Shelly and I, very aware of beach week at the end of the month, have gone on a diet and increased our workouts, respectively. I have hit the treadmill every night this week. In a related note, I'm also having trouble standing here in front of the computer, due to the extreme fatigue of my legs. But the good news is I've lost a hot 3 pounds already.
So, yesterday, Shelly and I slept in (nothing new there). We took it easy all day, with her and her mother (who has been staying with us since Tuesday) only venturing out to shop at one point. Later on, Erika and Charlotte came over for dinner, with Jason joining them later on after returning from work. Charlotte celebrated by allowing her parents to eat their entire dinner without a single squawk, but then released her pent up frustration after dinner, causing the Hawkins duo to beat a hasty retreat, almost leaving Jason's tie in the process.

After their departure, the three of us remaining traveled to the Koka Booth Amphitheater for the fireworks show! We reached it in twenty minutes, but even though we were an hour early, we had to park over a mile from the actual grounds. We trekked down to the actual site, following the gargantuan mob, until we reached the grounds of the park and then, the Amphitheater itself, which was located on the shore of a decent-sized lake (lamentably, no Honkers). After about half an hour listening to the renditions of the North Carolina Symphony, the show got started in earnest. (See picture at the beginning of post).
That's really about it. I could regal you tales of our escape from Cary, but I can tell you're not interested.
Hope everyone else had a great day. See most of you next weekend. Sorry for the awkward ending, Shelly's looking over my shoulder and it's making me nervous. It's not enough she's kept me up the last four nights with her snoring; now not even my blogging is sacred!
Here's a picture of little Charlotte. Excessively cute, or best birth control ever- take your pick! ;)

(I guess it's just possible to be both)


3 Comments:
Glad that you had a nice relaxing day and finished the day off with some fire works. Have you checked your email lately?? I sent you a link to my blog!
I have a cold!! I'll be sure to crank out some quality snores for you tonight honey! :)
The baby is adorable. Hope she is sleeping better for Jason and Erika.
Post a Comment
<< Home