Thursday, June 21, 2007

Something's Rotten in Denmark...

...Chris is posting twice in one week! (Ten points to anyone who digs up the citation of that rather obscure reference).

Anyway, not a whole lot to report here tonight, besides that Jason and Erika just left, and that the blood pouring from my ears due to Charlotte's wailing has subsided to a trickle. Contrary to the administrations of her parents, the little tyke only finally seemed to settle down when plopped in front of the television for an hour of So You Think You Can Dance. If/when Chris does any begetting, "TV as babysitter" will be a simple fact of life. Either that or "Shelly's friends as babysitters", whichever works better.

In other news, I just listened in on a humorous conversation between Shelly and her mother. Seems that the newly installed carpet is three different shades of color! Shelly's amused comparison of this surely-overblown claim with the highly-exaggerated fault finding in the new granite counter tops apparently led to "shouting", hence Shelly's subsequent request to "stop shouting in my ear!" My next trip to Concord will undoubtedly feature this as a major plot point.

It did my heart good to go visit Jen's blog tonight, and see the pictures of the Baltimorean Inner Harbor... sigh. The submarine I never actually got to tour, the U.S.S Constellation, the Aquarium (apparently one of those places overrun with 'under-chaperoned' children, and hence not mentioned); makes one's heart ache for seldom visited locales in the general vicinity of one's former home!

I actually have the day 'off' tomorrow, so I can go attend a class to become a Notary Public, which, if I understand things correctly, endows me with the God-like power to use a stamp to emboss important-looking documents. All of my colleagues have attempted to damp my enthusiasm, one even going so far as to report falling asleep during the course of the class. Well, that may be so, but I doubt I'll get any sleep tonight, so great is my excitement!

Also today, I received my yearly evaluation, which SECU does every summer. My supervisor Denise, angel in human form she is, didn't give me anything below an "above average", and used words such as "thorough", "accurate", "professional", and "efficient" in regards to me, and actually said I'm a "joy" to have as a coworker. No, I haven't bribed or blackmailed her in any way. Yes, it's a mystery to me too.

Alright, all, Shelly calls! I'm actually doing this from her computer tonight, so no pictures. No, that's cruel; let me see if I can find one on her computer... Ok, here's one of me, petting a sting ray, shortly before its reputation was forever besmirched by its relatives' unfortunate encounter with Steve Irwin. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home