Bitter-Sweet Vindication
I received a call from an old coworker last night, pretty much the only person at my last job that I remain on speaking terms with. Guess what? Shelly's long-ago prophecy has apparently come to pass.
Effective July 31st, the Garner, NC branch of Signature Special Events will close its doors forever. This is due largely to its inability to operate in a profitable manner, always a death-knell in a for-profit business. I'm entertaining the idea of sending this as a present to my former tormenters there. Thoughts??
Unfortunately, all the people who truly deserved to be left starving in the streets (I'm really trying to be a better Christian these days, but I stumble every time on "Love thy enemies") are having things worked out for them, and the good, hard-working, put-upon people are the ones left holding the bag. Thus, the 'bitter' aspect of the post title.
Oh, well, there's still the 'sweet vindication' part. The GM, who faulted my loyalty when I left, bailed a month ago, obviously not ascribing to the whole 'captain goes down with the ship' philosophy. Also, the whole 'you had a bright future here and were on the verge of making serious money' canard would have apparently translated to 'great big welfare check'.
So, in closing, I guess its not my prayed-for 'divinely-guided meteor strike', but I suppose I'll sleep a little better at night with this small evidence of cosmic justice at work in the world.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home