Bid In
Shelly and I just finished up the paperwork with our agent; we've put in a bid on that second townhouse I spoke of two weeks ago. We lowballed them pretty good, so we expect a little back and forth over the next two days (although it'd be admittedly sweet if they accepted our offer as is). Hopefully the seller doesn't have a horrendous leak and then refuse to fix it, or insult our intelligence by pretending the floor will be OK if allowed to dry, or demand to be allowed to remain on property for a third of a year after closing (this last would be especially troublesome since our backyard is a roughly 10x10 patch).
In other news, way to go Tarheels! They had two big wins this weekend, the first over Virginia Tech and the second today over Clemson. Both of them were very close, hard-fought games, but they pulled it out and won the ACC championship. Now, on to March Madness. Any of you devoted readers want to fill out brackets and start a "Chris' Blog March Madness Pool"? I'd probably need to check with Shelly to make sure I'm not getting myself into federal racketeering territory by operating a multi-state gambling ring, though.
We were delighted to host Jen Glass this weekend. At least, I think we were. She was like a ghost, here one minute, gone the next, in late, out before dawn (or before we got up, anyway, which admittedly is nothing close to 'dawn'). We did have a nice dinner with her on Friday night, though, as attested to in this fine picture, the only evidence of her otherwise low-footprint stay:

Also, obviously, Shelly's mom came up this weekend and "Not Disapproved" our townhouse purchase (probably only Brooks would get that reference). She also treated us to Macaroni Grill (pictured), and the next day took me out for a late birthday present at Brixx. Thanks Mary!
In yet another nod of affirmation regarding our prospective move, Erika and Charlotte came over to see the townhouse last week, and in the process visited the nearby lake. Apparently, some of the locals took exception to this, honking loudly and throwing poor Charlotte into hysterics. Here is one of the unidentified culprits, still at large as of this writing:

Now she'll no doubt harbor some hateful grudge towards geese of all flavors, much like the suspicion with which her mother regards all swans.
Alright, it now being past my bedtime (we just finished the paperwork at 11 0'clock), I'm now signing off. I'd be really surprised though, if i don't blog once or twice more this week. Between landmark gun right's cases (even more important than last week's case of Charlotte v. Geese) and first home purchases, there will be undoubtedly be much to talk about.
See you then.


1 Comments:
I'll play in your basketball bracket pickem's. I am just happy to say that UMBC Retrivers have finally made it to the big dance! They have only been a Division 1 for 22 years! So proud of them! Let's go RETRIVERS!! (Oh I have to root for atleast one Maryland school right?? or maybe two!! Mount Saint Mary's/Coppin State and UMBC!)
Keep me posted on the townhouse!!
Post a Comment
<< Home