Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Crush of Charlottians


Actually, that works in two ways. There was a crowd from Charlotte here this weekend, as well as a crowd induced by Charlotte. Either way, lots of estrogen was involved.


Misty and Lerissa came in on Friday, interrupting my wholesome schedule of planned Bible readings and household chores. Instead, I was forced to entertain them all weekend, playing Apples to Apples, watching Superbad, and going to Tyler's Taproom in Carrboro on Saturday to watch Carolina get absolutely blown out by Kansas.

Somewhere in between all that, Erika came over with Charlotte and Sonny (no Jason though; someone around here has to work). Upon leaving, Erika wondered aloud why I'd been so quiet, apparently forgetting that I was the only guy in a roomful of females. Darlin', if I could have gotten a word in edgewise, I would have!




Speaking of Mr. Hawkins, it's his birthday today! I know this because Shelly and I called to wish him a happy one yesterday, only to be informed of our mistake. We blame Erika (as is convenient for most of our woes) since she had asked us to babysit last night, leading Shelly to think that was his actual birthday. I comforted Shelly with the knowledge that I'd be lucky to guess the month of Erika's birthday, much less the actual day.

On to house news. We have our inspector going in on April 15th, which is the next thing on the calendar. It's at 1:30 pm, so I'll need to take my lunch hour to attend, but as that day (tax day) is the busiest SECU day of the year, it'll likely be a welcome reprieve for me to get out of the office.

In other news, I'm thinking of becoming a Democrat for the next month, since North Carolina is actually going to matter in their primary. It's the least I can do to let my voice be heard... and keep them bickering until the convention in August. He he he! I just hope this doesn't manifest in some sort of weird "Fight Club" scenario in which I split into two personalities and beat myself senseless. It could happen.

Oh, I stumbled onto this link over at Keepandbeararms.com. It does have a bit of explicit language, but I must have laughed for twenty minutes straight (true, those of you who know me best know that that's not totally unheard of). Shelly finally muted Idol to yell at me to shut up, and even that didn't totally squelch my giggles. My favorites were numbers 6,5, and 4, which nearly had me doubled over.

Jen, just to let you know (since I'm terrible about emailing you back), June 7-8 are fine. Hopefully we'll have our townhouse in some kind of shape to receive guests by then!

Jason- yes, I'll give you a full-sized picture of that. And here's one of Charlotte and MIIIIST-EE:


OK, I know it's been another short entry here, but not a lot's going on, and sheer Puritan sensibilities forbid me from describing the Lerissa/Misty weekend in any more detail (let's just say they put the 'tap' back in 'Tyler's Taproom'!), so I'll have to leave it at that! See everyone again soon!

And Erika? Just kidding! I know it's August 12th!

1 Comments:

At 10/4/08 9:42 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Great Chris! I will email later with all the details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home