Inspection Report
Well, here's news: Apparently, the original roof, installed 21 years ago, qualifies as "just replaced". Our seller must operate on a geological timescale, in which case, the dinosaurs disappeared a short time ago.
As promised, the seller repaired all the items that her August '07 inspection reported. Actually, that last sentence isn't quite accurate... how to fix it? Let's see... just change "repaired" to "ignored", and then the sentence is totally correct.
One rather humorous inspection item was the ability of the hot water in the kitchen to reach a balmy 160° if left on long enough. This is up about 35° from the maximum safe level. At least we won't need to use the stove to do any boiling.
Obviously, Shelly and I have voiced the above concerns to our realtor, and we'll be submitting the repair request on Friday. Also, I have lots of pictures of the interior, but I find that they're mostly of floors, so my cousin knows what he's up against. But here's one of our new living room:

Well, it's almost midnight here, so I'm going to go to bed, just as soon as Shelly finishes watching Stephen Colbert in the other room. Oh, Melissa, I'm deeply sorry- I didn't notice the wine stain on your dress! I had thought all wine-related items had been poured safely down your esophagus during the course of the night! But I guess, given the volume in question, a little was bound to escape!
Oh, and I took this picture out on our lake tonight. That is one ambitious mother!



3 Comments:
Melissa? Who is Melissa? Sounds so naked without the "law school" in front of it. I do need a new moniker. Perhaps, "gainfully employed Melissa," "the former law school Melissa," "DC Melissa," .... I hope I'm not jinxing myself into failing my exams and not graduating! LOL
And I will just say - thank goodness your wife is attuned to those binding arbitrary agreements. She knows to cross those suckers out! :-)
Well that's good! No major problems!
Post a Comment
<< Home