Monday, January 22, 2007

Good Evening!

Well, you made it through Monday, and that's something. Now there's four more to go through before the weekend.
About a week ago, Blogger finally induced me to get onboard with the 'New Blogger' program. They convinced me by making my attempts to log into the Old Blogger system merely go in circles, all the while taunting me with a link that promised 'Sign in to the Old Blogger'. Not that the new system is bad (or different in any way, so far as I can tell), it's just that, for me to write, I now have to sign in to three seperate log-ins, pass a retinal matching scan, verify my thumbprint, and submit a blood sample for DNA comparison. Well, ok, but I do have to sign on to three seperate log-ins. Just so you know what I go through to communicate with you!
Will all of you please say a quick prayer from my aunt Patricia (or Tickie, to those who know her)? A few weeks ago, she hurt her knee, and she just got the diagnosis back: Torn ACL. As someone who went through that not one year ago, I can deeply sympathize. Apparently, with her not being so athletically inclined anymore, they're recommending therapy rather than replacement surgery. So let's all keep her in mind as we take for granted our own, healthy joints.
Two things I have no sympathy for are greed and stupidity. Take, for instance, recent Deal Or No Deal. Here's a bit of advice for everyone, should you be fortunate enough to get on the show someday: If you only have one big amount left, and you have to open a case, TAKE THE MONEY!
Well, I had more to write about, like my parents putting in a bid on a house down here, but events have called me away. Baby shower invitations need to get printed, and the "It's Easy! Simply set the margins and feed the paper through the printer!" invitations have now drained half an hour out of my life. And I'm not even going to the shower!

Update: If only that project had ended at half an hour. You'd think that would be more than enough time to print twenty invitations, wouldn't you? Well, no, it's now 11pm at night, and we just now finished them. If ever anyone asks me to help with a similar project, you'd best be very sure I don't have a heavy object within reach.
I think I'm going to need a double dose of Simply Sleep to forget this whole fiasco and go to sleep.
I sincerely hope you're having a better night than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home