Thursday, January 11, 2007

And You Call Yourselves a Circus?

Well, no, NCCU officially doesn't, but they should. Shelly has asked me not to comment at any great length, but suffice it to say that I'm no longer especially surprised that they have to ban violent, unbalanced ex-law students from their campus. A visit by Cyberdyne systems model 101, a la the police station scene in the first Terminator movie, wouldn't seem totally undeserved.

There were a few additional tidbits of information that I neglected to mention yesterday. One, my sister Danielle got remarried last weekend, so Shelly and I would like to publicly congratulate her for that. I'm still going to have a hard time getting used to calling her by her new last name, though.

Also, my brother Brooks had to take Jackson to the ER to remove a plastic figurine from his nose. Apparently, he felt it would be the height of humor to stick it up there, but let's hope he learned a valuable lesson. In the spirit of sympathy my brother and I typically display for one another's woes, I composed the following haiku:


Panicked Zoo Postponement - by Chris DeAdder

Zoo trip put on hold.

Emergency room visit.

Plastic smells too good!


Brooks informed me today that they were actually on their way to the park, rather than the zoo, but I stand on the original story as relayed to me by good ol' Dad. Shelly is now looking askance at me as I crack up at my own wit.

Since so much of this relates to my siblings, I'll post a picture of Danielle and her family. Sean and Julia are wearing the outfits Shelly and I gave them for Christmas- two out of three ain't bad!



1 Comments:

At 20/1/07 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I see by my picture that I have become the momma troll that I have always feared becoming. Anyway, thanks for the congrats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home