Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Boxing Day!

There, that's one way of avoiding the difficult task of coming up with a synonym for "Merry Christmas"! Just don't actually post on Christmas! Seriously, sorry, the network I was linking to, contrary to the spirit of the season, abandoned me yesterday.
Now I'm home alone, sans Shelly. And after enough trips carrying things up the apartment stairs to make me feel like an extra in the pre-Exodus scenes of The Ten Commandments, I'm settled down and ready to blog.
We woke late yesterday, around nine, and still had to wait for Shelly's brother to get up, and Shelly's Dad to arrive. Finally, around 10:30am, we started opening presents. Shelly really liked the earrings I got her (her one surprise). On my end, I received a tie, two dress shirts, a pair of dress shirts, a Best Buy gift card, and a book of last years best SciFi short stories.
After our Christmas haul, we all had lunch (more turkey), then Louis left to see other kin, and Michael departed to spread some Christmas cheer amongst Holly's family. Shelly and I relaxed a bit most of the afternoon.
Around six, the two of us drove over to the Kuda household, where we ate yet again. Dan and Carol welcomed us, as did Jason, Emily, newly arrived Savannah (her first Christmas), Stefanie, Julius, Ashley, and Rob. Perhaps you remember them from the wedding? Ashley was the one with the Polaroid camera. We did our gift exchange and received many nice presents, including a towel set and a SNL Best of Mike Myers DVD. During the event, the Kuda's introduced me to a handheld 20 Questions device, which was very successful in guessing what I was thinking. Among some not-very-obvious things it correctly guessed were "star", "violin", "submarine", and "T-rex". Go to the website and try it out- it might surprise you.
After the all-too-brief visit, during which I made every effort to keep Shelly from falling in love with little Savannah and wanting one of her own, we sped back to the house, picked up Mary, and then rushed over to Concord Mills just in time to meet Michael, Holly, and MIIISS-TEE for the 9:20pm showing of Night at the Museum. It was very funny- it might even make its way into our DVD collection when it comes out. The ending was unbelievable, but what do you want from a movie where everything in a museum comes to life at night?
That’s about all. I’ll spare you the details of my ride home, except from mentioning that I made it door to door in two hours flat!
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home