Here I am, all in a good mood, ready to blog away, and what catches my eye on my home page but this. Here's an interesting passage:
Neither DNA Security or Nifong — who has come under intense
criticism for his handling of the case — explained Wednesday why the DNA
findings were not reported immediately to defense lawyers, as is required by
law, or why they were not turned over to the defense until October.
The media, for the sake of objectivity, are restrained from drawing the obvious conclusions: 1) To many people, eager to jump on the 'rich white kids commit hate crime' bandwagon, had too much invested in the case for it to go away that quickly, and 2) Nifong had to keep the solid evidence of the players' innocence hushed up until after he got re-elected, which the geniuses in my county obligingly did last month. It was already pretty obvious to most people that the players were innocent or, at very least, the case against them was never going to hold up in court, but the fig leaf Nifong kept pointing to was that there was additional evidence tying them to the crimes. Guess what? Now we have that evidence, and it exonerates the players even further. So, just in case you're just tuning in from last March, the story here isn't about a woman getting raped, it's about an opportunistic DA wanting to get his face in the national news.
Hmm, now what was I going to tell you before I went on that tangent?
I had my knee check-up Monday. Dr. Dellaero checked it out, and told me I look as good at six months as anyone he's seen. Since they were able to save all of my meniscus, there's a good chance I will avoid arthritis later in life, which is definitely good news. If you're interested, here's an article about the knee I found on wikipedia... ok, I didn't think so, but it was worth a shot. He wants me to start training on sprinting, cutting, backpedaling, and sudden stopping, which will bring the joint up to about 90% by about June. If all goes well, I can rejoin Jason on the raquetball court sometime around March. It's not like there will be anything major going on in his life at that time, or anything!
Everyone wish Shelly luck on her Business Associations exam! Everyone who's taken it already is saying it's horrible, and even now she's slaving away, writing her outline and memorizing terms. The professor has apparently gone out of his way to make the exam difficult. Oh well, it's not like he has anything else he could be doing...
Hmm, well, after inspecting his web page, maybe it is better if he spends his time harrassing law students. Anyone joining an organization called "Mayors for Peace" should be kept busy as much as possible. 'Cause we all know mayors are reknown for their foreign policy experience... It's kind of like "Plumbers for better textiles" or "Stockbrokers against whaling".
On another note, maybe there is something to global warming after all. It's going to be 70° down here tomorrow! Somehow, I think the consequences will be more along the lines of "Chris doesn't wear undershirt to work" rather than "Ice caps melt, yet Earth still inexplicably freezes", as in Day After Tomorrow.
Alright, I have to go. I have...er...ironing to do.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home