Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Deluge...

...of news. If it were anything so simple as a conventional flood, I'd be asleep on some driftwood and probably at peace. Grab hold; this is going to go fast, as a lot has happened in the last three days, and I'm tired and running a fever right now so I'm going to plow through this.
Item 1: Congratulations to Erika and Jason on their baby girl! No, the big day hasn't come yet (when it does, I'll research and find some super special feature and use that on my blog); rather, they've found out the sex of the baby. I've heard girls are easier on the front end and harder later on, so in 14 years when Jason catches her sneaking out a window to jump on the back of her waiting beaux's motorcycle, I'll remind him that at least she was easy to toilet train! Oh, and sorry, bro, if you want to keep the family name going, you'll just have to give it another try! ;)
Item 2: Law School Melissa and Shelly successfully studied on Sunday, despite a sub-par order of Chinese food for dinner. She was also gratified to receive her Channuka present.
No, we didn't chintz out and just get her a cookie, but I was forbidden from posting the resulting picture of her opening her Star of David coffee mug. Censorship is alive and well in Farrington Lake!
Item 3: My sister is coming to visit with her progeny, brood, posterity, and heirs (see here if you think I've lost my happy mind). This will be her first visit down to Chapel Hill. She is thinking of moving down here, and the area can always use another DeAdder (even if that is just a maiden name)! She'll be in town over the weekend, and I can't wait to see her!
Item 4: I'm in Orientation training for work this week. This involves a commute over to Wake Forest Road, which I'm not thrilled about, but I get reimbursed for the gas mileage and I get out just a little earlier. Unfortunately, that disrupts my experiment to see how long I can go without getting gas (I'm going strong from November 15th). I might just have to start over when the training is done.
Item 5: The next person who asks me if I've gone to the dentist, or made an appointment, or even mentions medical professions specializing in teeth just might get their Christmas gift returned. Like the old Washington Post commercial says, "If You Don't Get It, You Don't Get It."
Item 6: I'm tired and am done with this entry. Go watch Dr. House save a life.

3 Comments:

At 5/12/06 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude,

You going to the dentist? HA, I figured I wasnt getting a present no way :-)

 
At 7/12/06 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't be referring to mom's nagging, would you?

 
At 11/12/06 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jen S. What's up with mom's nagging? I never knew your mom to nag!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home