Saturday, October 07, 2006


America: Land of Opportunity

Having spent countless hours rehabilitating a second-hand Lexmark all-in-one printer, I now have the ability to scan pictures that I didn't take! Ok, in reality, someone left a Lexmark X83 out by the dumpster of our apartment complex, and as nothing was obviously wrong with it, I appropriated it during one of my thrice-daily dump runs. It's amazing what people will throw away. All that was missing was the power cord, which I promptly bought myself, and lo and behold, the thing works like a champ! So someone threw away a printer worth $200 new because it didn't have a power cord. People of other persuasions would take that as evidence that America is an evil land of opulent waste, but I just see it as one more opportunity this great place provides!
I've already used it to scan in a few of the more memorable pictures from our wedding, which I'll be forwarding to the concerned parties. Take that, bridesmaids! That's what you get for trying to force me to dance!

2 Comments:

At 8/10/06 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic picture! I have no idea what Nancy and Misty are looking at, but it must have been pretty aweful. Good post honey!

 
At 9/10/06 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that I photograph horribly...surprised you didn't find an equally beguiling one of me yet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home