Placeholder Post!
I've been recently informed that my sister checks my blog every Monday to see if I have anything new, leading to innumerable disappointments. Since I don't have much time to blog tonight, as I've been entertaining my parents all weekend, I thought I'd put something up quickly just to let you know I haven't forgotten my week-old commitment to spending more time regaling you with tales of my mundane life.
However, as I have only a few hours left to spend with them, it seems somewhat rude to spend them on here, typing out my weekend, especially considering there's March of the Penguins to be watched! Also, judging by the outraged shrieks emanating from the other room, my parents have again been thrown by the DVR technology, so I'd better ...no, wait, Shelly has been dispatched to quell the rising panic.
OK, not kidding, I now have to go take care of the second such emergency in as many minutes...
...Alright, everything now in hand, although for a moment it looked like we'd never know the ending of No One Could Protect Her.
Perhaps the movie will hold their interest just long enough for me to tell you a few snippets?
Anyway, after a late arrival Friday, we slept in Saturday, then ventured to the Raleigh Farmers Market, where we loaded up with fresh vegetables, though my parents declined to by more Hostas for the deer salad bar. I also bought some apple cidar (from Gala apples), honey (sold to me by an earthy young man who also thrust a brochure on bees into my bag, all the while doing a magnificent impression of Emma Thompson from the Harry Potter movies), coffee, and salsa (which prompted high umbrage, since Mom just brought me down twenty-three jars of her homemade brew). Here's a picture of the facility, replete with crowds:
Also, after the famer's market, we went to the NC Botannical Gardens. And here's a picture of that.


2 Comments:
So glad that I am not the only one that checks your blog. I do check it every morning, thinking that just maybe you snuck something in. Looks like you had a great weekend.
I'm glad I didn't get disappointed this week.
Post a Comment
<< Home