There's No Light on That Verizon
It was the end of January that Shelly and I called Verizon and moved our numbers onto a Family Plan. Since then, innumerable phone calls later, they still have not corrected the billing to the new, lower price. Last week, I got a call saying the problem was that Shelly's number was in a different area code (a fact they neglected to mention when I put us on the plan in the first place). But good news, all we need to do is move her to a new number in my area code. Some of you may remember last week, when Shelly sent you her new number, only to be called back and given another. Now, tonight, I find out that they're having trouble backdating the billing because Shelly has a new number. They're getting dangerously close to the point where I lose my patience and switch providers.
But now that I got that out of my system, let's get on to some good news! Heather had her baby! Here is a picture of Heather, her daughter Trinity, and her new baby (who's name I don't know because I'm a bad friend and haven't called her yet):
Congratulations, Heather!
In other news, to assist with their upcoming (and increasingly hypothetical) move, Dad bought a new Ford F-150 truck! And I just realized that, aside from reporting on it, I have absolutely nothing additional to add to that bit of jaw-dropping news! So here's the picture!
Also in DeAdder family related news, Mom secured Carolina In My Mind for our annual Outer Banks vacation this summer. We had that house two years ago, and it was sweet! Hot tub, pool, short walk to beach, four spacious bedrooms, trundle bed (it is too a luxury- ask Scott!), and a third story balcony with a great view! I can already feel the balmy breezes caressing my Credit Union cares away... I'll stop before I start sounding like an infomercial.
For anyone who does not know yet, Shelly and I will be in MD from March 23rd through March 26th. However, since we're flying (gasp!), we won't have our own transportation, so you'll have to come see us if you're so inclined. I'm sure most everyone is now rehearsing the excuses they'll be giving me in two weeks.
Oh, just to give you all closure about my birthday last week, thanks to everyone who called and wished me a happy one, even if you did rush me off so you could watch CSI! ;) Shelly and I celebrated by meeting Erika and Jason at Brixx. Also, thanks to everyone who sent a card- it was greatly appreciated! Danielle, yours just arrived today, and thank you for the pictures of the children! I can't believe little Christopher is in First Grade now! It seems just yesterday he was running around in (blue) diapers!
For the record, I'm really, really loathe to even ask this, but if anyone wants to make a March of Dimes for me, I wouldn't hate you for it. I have to raise $25 for work and do the three mile walk in April, so if anyone wants to help, feel free. Yes, I'm fully aware that I wouldn't if you asked me; be the bigger person, for God's sake!
In waterfowl-related news, the four honkers out on the lake now recognize me by sight and will come flying in when they see me come out on the pier. Same with Penny and Drake and a few other miscellaneous mallards. Unfortunately, there are now five male mallards and only two females, so what starts out as an innocent evening feeding quickly degenerates into a series of mad, pursued dashes around the lake. Tonight, they got so into this that two of them flew within about a foot and a half of me and barely seemed to notice. Ah, the sweet sounds of spring...
To all the college basketball fans out there, you can thank UNC (my adopted team) for Duke's loss to NC State tonight. Duke probably would have won without Henderson, who managed to get himself suspended last week for that cheap-shot elbow to Tyler Hansborough during the last 14 seconds of the Duke/UNC game. So all's well that ends well.
Well, that's quite a bit of writing, and I'm sure I've forgotten some things, but let me just leave you with this thought. It's kind of hard to hear, so make sure you turn your speaker volume waaaaaaay up before you click the link. Also, if you do this at work, that'd be even better...
Talk to you soon!


1 Comments:
Chris....for your info....that is NOT the right beach house. It's in Kitty Hawk not Corolla.
Post a Comment
<< Home