A Bouts’ a Mid Week Update?
Any takers? :)
Well, let’s get the big news out of the way. Shelly’s pregnant.
No, not really. If that were the case, this would be a posthumous publication, as I’d have probably expired from sheer depression by now.
No, the big news is that, with the deft help of Ashley Kuda (and I mean deft; I’ve never seen someone take a picture and have it on the internet in less time than that girl), Shelly is now firmly established on Facebook. I alone now remain a Facebook-free island in a rising tide.
On a related note, I can accurately report that Facebook has an addiction power roughly equivalent to that of crack. Already, I find my calls of "Shelly? Shelly?" echoing unanswered in empty halls, as the wife in question, engrossed in her new contact network, forgets about the one person she can’t communicate with via the internet. Even this blog entry is largely done at her behest, so as to reach any individuals who might want to friend her but haven’t heard the news yet.
But enough about that- in a few years, you’ll get to read all about it in Working Addiction: How I Beat Facebook, Wrote Legal Briefs, and Still Found Time to Hound My Husband About Unfinished Bathrooms, and I don’t want to spoil the book for you. So, anyway, on to the rest of the weekend.
As mentioned before, Ashley Kuda came to stay with us, in what turned out to be the wettest weekend of the last three weeks. Seriously, I think North Carolina is trying to impersonate Seattle or something. But that just made it all the easier to stay indoors, which we don’t mind and Ashley was good with. We played the Wii a lot, made a Mii of Ashley (which for some reason ended up looking an awful lot like Erika’s), played Scene-It (I won!), and went out to eat at Outback Steakhouse. Speaking of the latter, we attempted to pay for the pricey meal with a gift card from my dear brother. The whole experience ended in a haiku (as so many do):
Birthday Duplicity
Gift card sent in mail.
Promised funds never loaded.
"Hope Chris brings some cash!"
Promised funds never loaded.
"Hope Chris brings some cash!"
Really, that’s about all the news for the weekend. I had a bit of political commentary all set to go, but you know what? I'll just add that some other time.
So, in that case, I'll just leave you all with a big ol' in yo' face mug shot of Ashley Kuda (why is it that every time I google her name the search browser tries to fill in the words "Dirty Sanchez"?)



3 Comments:
We had so much fun with Ashley! She's awesome! I am a tad bit obsessed with my new toy, facebook. Chris you should be glad- now I won't hound you when you spend hours on Starflight stuff.
Haha! Your brother never loaded your gift card.
Shelly congrats on joining facebook. I will have to befriend you.
I believe you created the dirty sanchez. I know nothing of this nonesense, haha. I had a lot of fun w/u guys!!! SORTING HATS! -ashley
Post a Comment
<< Home