Here's the photo montage that Aunt Jean and Uncle Dave put together, which featured many stylish trends of the 70's and 80's:
Here's the cake, which renders most of my descriptions up until now largely superfluous ...
And there was also a ginormous, 22 megabyte video of Uncle Pudgy giving his speech, which I will put in a separate post due to its large size, for any of you who wish to sample the spirit of the event.
Anyway, there's a couple representative pictures, and here are a few smaller ones of the assembled crowd:


So, there you have it, at long last. And like I said, as soon as I finish with this post, I'll do another with only the video in it.
The last three weeks have gone by very quickly, as for four nights a week I've been going to a Bible study class with Denise, my supervisor at SECU (visible on far right of 'coworker' picture two posts down). We just wrapped that up today, as a very-relieved Shelly can attest. Here's a picture of the group- I'm in the second row.
By the way, the "four nights a week" thing should partially explain my lack of motivation to blog.On to other news. This past week, Shelly and I were honored to watch little Charlotte for the Hawkins' while they went to their own Bible study. I'm pleased to report she only cried for about a third of the time we were there, and that even that was largely dampened by one story and a closed door.
Last night, Shelly and I watched Ratatouille, and we absolutely loved it. So often lately, I find that the movies I most enjoy are the 'kids' movies. It was funny (without being preachy or taking cheap shots), clever, and had a great message to it that managed to not sound like something from an after school special (like the end of Shrek 3, unfortunately). Word of warning, though: Don't watch it while you're hungry!
Other than that, every thing's pretty bland around here. We'll be heading to Charlotte Wednesday night for a Thanksgiving with the Bibbs and Colliers (pronounced "Collie-Ers", for those who don't know). There will be no Turduckens there this year, nor will there be one in Maryland for Christmas, despite intense lobbying on my part.
Oh Dear Lord. That Osturduckencorpheail mentioned in the above article is a sin against nature. Consuming one might just bring down fire and brimstone upon thy city, regardless of how many righteous people might also dwell there with thee.
Mass bird murder aside, Shelly and I will be coming up to Maryland on December 22 (and for once not spoiling ourselves by flying) and staying until the 28th. So, should anyone wish to make some plans during that time, let me know!
That's all for the night! Hope everyone had a good three weeks, and I promise I'll write again sooner than that!


1 Comments:
Can't wait to see you and Shelly!
Hope you have a safe trip to Maryland.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home